Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Ding Dong The Bells Are Going To Chime


This weekend was the weekend of the Kelly and Andy wedding. Behold the picture of the happy couple on their happy day. I think this should be their official portrait but Andy's mum at least would probably have something to say about that.

On Friday evening a bunch of the girls went out for Kelly's last hurrah - her hen party. Well, it won't be her last hurrah because I doubt marriage is going to change her life much but it was the perfect excuse for drinking and dancing and Mexican food, oh my! We started in Pancho Villas where Lauraah managed to pour half a jug of Margherita on the table because it'd been left to sit and had congealed into one big lump of ice. I knew tequila was a bad idea, especially seeing as most of it dribbled off the table and onto my feets. Yeuch! I also managed to get terrible brain freeze from the frozen cocktails so all in all that's probably me off the tequila again for another 10 years. Apart from that the meal was very tasty though and very, very good value.

After an extortionately priced cocktail in the Scotsman bar on North Bridge Kirsty, Kelly and I toddled down to the Citrus Club to see if it was still the same as it ever was and do you know what? Apart from not being able to smoke in there it was just the same. Hoorah! There are not many constants in this world but the cheesiness of the Citrus Club seems to be one of them. The only difference I could discern was that the ladies loos had been done up and that's all to the good because they were minging before. There were still the random drunk punters whose idea of a chat up line is fondling your bum (When has that ever worked??) and strange joggy man turned up later on as well. The club wasn't quite busy enough for the DJ to risk a Clash/Jam set but he more than made up for that with an abundance of cheesy disco tunes and old school techno. S Express-licious baby!

I really hadn't been in the mood for a big night out and had been wondering about the possibility of bailing after the meal. I'm glad I dragged my tired ol' ass down to the Citrus though because it was such fun. I stopped drinking when we got there so I was stone cold sober and it really was amusing observing the crowd and all the drunken things that went on. Slightly less amusing to realise how much spilt beer your trousers have absorbed but that's all part of the experience I guess. Despite the lack of alcohol in my blood we were still there to the bitter end, dancing almost non stop, so I was an utter wreck on Saturday I'm afraid. Naomi dragged me to a house party on Saturday evening but I was so wiped out I just couldn't handle it and ended up back on the couch watching chick flicks. Good Lord, remember when you could go out Friday and Saturday evening and not bat an eyelid? Them's were the days.

On Sunday I had a mad dash around Princes Street trying to finish off the outfit that I was building on the shoes I got in Guildford. Remember them? See Monday 26th February 2007 for the picture. Flipping Marks and Spencer have got all their summer stock in and nary a flipping white v-neck jumper to be had. Most places seemed to be the same but luckily for me BHS was still trying to shift some stock to make room for the summer stuff and I managed to pick up a white jersey. It had to be a jersey because I needed the warmth my linen jacket would not provide... dang I looked good though!

The wedding was on Monday afternoon in Leith Registry Office and the reception was in the Smoke Stack on the Shore. We had a lovely meal and I actually chose the mussels for a starter (in a tomato and chilli sauce, it was quite yummy. Maybe I'll grow to like seafood after all?) and monkfish for the main. Yummy yum yumsle. We'd started with the fizzy wine when the bride was getting ready at lunch time so, having missed the after dinner coffee for some reason, I was falling asleep by about 8:30pm. A diet Coke or two perked me up and I ended up out with the other die-hards until 1:30am. Zoinks! I've been suffering for it today I can tell you - so tired, so very tired. I'm looking forward to crawling home, parking it in front of the telly and not moving until bed time. I've a zillion things to do before going on holiday next week but I need time to recover dammit!

Uuurgh!

No comments: