Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fantasy Fairytale Shoes





Cinderella shall go to the ball!

These are the Shoes of the Day today and I love them!



They are by Stuart Weitzman and the style is called "Moonglo"

You'll be happy to know that they have perforations down the side so Cinders hopefully wouldn't sweat too much in them. Little farty sounds coming out of her shoes as she was whisked around the ballroom would be bound to put Prince Charming off!

I already have my Dorothy Ruby Slippers but I'm now coveting these. I really like the idea of a whole collection of Fairytale Princess shoes but I would have to get the frocks to go with them. Dorothy's gingham number wouldn't be too hard to replicate now that I've done my dressmaking course but a ballgown fit for Cinderella may be a little more tricky. One can dream a little dream though...

They're Swarofski crystals on the front by the way, not diamonds, but these bad boys still retail for $325. This is a little out of my price range unfortunately. See, some scoffed at the frivolity of the ruby slippers at the time but they only set me back 20 quid. When you put it in perspective they are bargainlicious baby! Plus, I still totally maintain that you are never too old to have a dressing up box!

No comments: