Monday, March 17, 2008

Puts It In Perspective....

I've been bitching and moaning about my job for a while now but I got a head hunting email from a recruitment website that made me feel better about my lot....

This is the position that they're trying to fill:

Office Administrator

Edinburgh £Negotiable (depending on experience) but exceeds the minimum wage

This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading firm of Sheriff Officers, providing comprehensive adminstrative support to our Sheriff Officer/Enquiry Services team. With experience in a similar role, you will require to have strong I.T. and communications skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a busy office environment. Ideally, we are looking for someone with previous experience in a supervisory role.

THE ROLE

The role will involve

Dealing with day to day instructions received from clients and processing instructions onto [the] system. Dealing with telephone calls from both clients/ debtors. Working closely with Management and Sheriff Officers to ensure workload is completed within timescales allowed. Keeping a daily diary and writing straightforward reports when necessary.



I guess it's reassuring that the pay is more than the minimum wage (anything less would be illegal wouldn't it?) but I still don't fancy it. Students may be horrible to work with but I'd hate to work for Sheriff Officers. Dealing with telephone calls from debtors?? Yeeesh! No thanks.

Still, I'm not saying I'd never do this job I'm just saying I'd rather not and it all makes my wages and pension and sick pay and nice view out of the window that much more attractive.

So I guess the message is stop and smell the flowers (specifically the bouquet I was given for my excellent help with the TPR last week, which is sitting on the office counter) because things could be a whole lot worse!!

Here's a picture of Javier Bardem smelling some flowers... Yum!

No comments: