Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Further Adventures in Email


I just sent a snippy email to someone but then felt I had to apologis for it because it wasn't really their fault they sent me the email that made me angry, but it kind of was. Gaaaah!

Ok, this is what happened.

1. Politics graduate emailed International Office to ask about how our grades translate for a post grad in America.

2. International Office forward email to SSPS Post Grad office.

3. SSPS post grad office forward email to me.

5. I read email, say "WTF???" and send snippy reply saying it's not an enquiry for me but I'll deal with it because it's been all over the place.

6. I look up the International Office web site, work out who is the most likely person to be able to answer my query from their highly detailed and helpful staff list and phone that person.

7. That person says "Oh yes, forward the query to me and I'll deal with it."

8. I thank them profusely and then notice that the International Office is the first frickin' place the email went to.

9. So then I email the person who sent it to me and apologise for being snippy. I hope they feed back the snippiness to the International Office. Sheesh!!!

BTW - The Dilbert cartoon above is now my computer wallpaper. I was going to use a picture of someone banging their head against a brick wall but couldn't find one I liked. It seems only businessmen are allowed to bang their heads against walls. Sigh.

No comments: