Friday, November 16, 2007

Here We Go Again...























-----Original Message-----
From: Notpaidenough@myjob.for.this.crap
Sent: 14 November 2007 16:32
To: Uppitty Madam
Subject: Essay - Please Resubmit Electronically ASAP
Importance: High

Dear Uppitty

I'm afraid that a cut and paste submission of your essay cannot be accepted as this causes problems with the plagiarism software.

Please upload your essay as an attachment as per the instructions on page 8 of the course handbook.
Please make sure your essay is saved in the right file format and has the right file name. More information can also be found on page 8 of the course handbookand in the 'Essay Information' section on the Course Content page in WebCT.

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Uppitty Madam
Sent: 14 November 2007 22:29
To: Notpaidenough@myjob.for.this.crap
Subject: Re: Essay - Please Resubmit Electronically ASAP

Dear Ms. Notpaidenough,
Thank you for your response. I have attempted to submit my essay again, and fortunately, was successful this time. But I would like to add that I am not computer illiterate (or of sub-standard
intelligence) and that I tried every way I could think of (a few weeks ago now) to make the school computers work in order for me to submit my essay. So that I would not be marked late (as I was certainly submitting my essay on time), I was forced to copy and paste (I left a note, but I believe it was disregarded). I immediately wrote Dr Course Organiser afterwards asking him what he wanted me to do, and a few days later I received the one-lined response that I should write you immediately. I took his advice, and as you are aware, you have responded just recently (it appears that that e-mail was disregarded as well).
I hope this new submission will be in a sufficient format for the plagiarism software and won't cause you any more problems. Thank you again for your time.


A bit overly defensive methinks, and totally flipping cheeky. I forwarded it to the Course Organiser and asked him to have a word. I DO NOT have to put up with that.


-----Original Message-----
From: Course Organiser
Sent: 15 November 2007 15:29
To: Uppitty Madam
Subject: Contact with Course Secretary

Dear Uppitty,

I think if you had taken some more time before sending to read your e mail to Notpaidenough regarding your failure to submit your essay electronically, you would have concluded that your tone was both unwarranted and inappropriate. You might also have concluded that your representation of my speed of response was inaccurate and your criticism of Notpaidenough's failure to prioritise you over all other students more than a touch egocentric.

Regards,

Course Convenor


Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! That man’s my new hero!


-----Original Message-----
From: Uppitty Madam
Sent: 15 November 2007 17:57
To: Notpaidenough@myjob.for.this.crap
Subject: Fwd: Contact with Course Secretary

Dear Ms. Notpaidenough,
I am very shocked to hear that you (I assume from Mr. Course Convenor’s e-mail) have found my e-mail to you last night to be unwarranted and inappropriate. I must tell you though, that I am very sorry you have interpreted it this way, and I am also very sorry if I have caused you any offence. I must also tell you though, that I most certainly did not write that e-mail with any intentions of unwarrentedness or inappropriateness whatsoever and that my ONLY intention was to thank you for your assistance and to try to explain to you that I had made an effort and that I wasn't just some random student who didn't do their work. After re-reading my e-mail to you, I must admit I am still at a complete loss to discover where these sentiments might have fit in, but again, I am very sorry if you somehow discerned them (which I gather you have). Again, on my end at least, they certainly never even existed.
I very much hope you can accept my apology and again, thank you for your assistance in regards to the online essay submission.
Sincerely,
Uppitty Madam
(On a side note, if you read Mr. Convenor's e-mail to me below, you will notice that he calls me very egocentric. I assure you that I am well aware of the fact that I am not the only student in the course and I can tell you that I do not think that I am in any way more entitled to school services than any other student - those notions are quite preposterous to me.)


WORST APOLOGY EVER!

Hang on though…


Quoting Uppitty Madam

Dear Mr. Convenor,
I am very shocked at your letter you have written me. I had no idea
that the e-mail I wrote Ms. Notpaidenough yesterday (which she has
obviously forwarded to you) had any tone whatsoever, let alone an
unwarranted and inappropriate one. I'm sorry, but it is a great
surprise to hear this and very confusing to me, as I wrote it out of complete neutrality - I thanked her for her response (which wasn't
completely neutral, I'll admit), but after that I just wanted to let her know that I had made an effort (acknowleding the three e-mails she had sent me regarding my gross failure to submit my essay). In addition, I must tell you that I would be the last person you'd ever find who would claim to be egocentric. I am very well aware and
considerate of the work that goes into most every task I engage in, and that would certainly include Ms. Notpaidenough’s job as the course secretary. I must also admit that even after re-reading the e-mail I sent Ms. Notpaidenough last night, I have not been able to discover this egocentrism you are accusing me of. (Although I will say that I find it personally very offensive that you have suggested this.) I am of the opinion that everyone is equal, and that would certainly pertain to my fellow students. Although I do not engage with them, I would never consider myself as being above them in
any way. I do my best in my courses and try to achieve all that I can
(as I very much understand the importance of university), but I never
consider it a competition against other students, especially not in
regards to attention.
I really do not know what to add as I am still very confused at your
accusations. I will of course write Ms. Notpaidenough immediately and
attempt to explain to her that I did not mean any unwarrentedness or
inappropriateness whatsoever. Besides that, I suppose that since you
have taken it upon yourself to become involved in what you might
perceive to be 'a situation', you might be able to tell me what you
would like me to do to become less unwarrented, inappropriate and
egocentric as well.
Uppitty.


Holy Crapola!


-----Original Message-----
From: Course Convenor
Sent: 16 November 2007 11:01
To: Uppitty Madam
Subject: Re: Contact with Course Secretary

Hi Uppitty,

Thanks for your message and apology. It's a very common problem with e mails that they often don't come across to any recipients as the sender intended. I totally accept that's what has happened in this case. A brief note to Notpaidenough would be a good idea. After that I think we can consider it a matter of lesson learnt and subject closed and forgotten.

All the best
Course Convenor


Ah, those of us with a bit of experience and maturity know when to call it a day.

Is it just me?

1 comment:

Natcho Girl said...

Keep em coming.. LOL I'm loving the drama's of not paidenough. New concept for a book then - Diaries of notpaidenough.