Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Planning Ahead


I heard a story on the news this morning about the rail link between Edinburgh an Glasgow being improved in preparation for the Commonwealth Games in 2014. That in itself was not the bit that caught my attention... it was the bit that said the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow are going to be on at the same time as the first week of the Edinburgh Festival.

Gadzooks!

I tell you now that I think I'd better get the hell out of Dodge at that point or I'm probably going to end up murderising somebody.

Then it struck me that it might be a good idea to set up a 'Holiday 2014' fund and start paying say £10 or £20 a month into it. By August 2014, if all goes to plan, I should have enough for a really flipping fantastic holiday. I fancy Hawaii or somewhere in South America, though New Zealand and/or Australia would also be strong contenders.

Just imagine wandering happily along pristine white beaches while contemplating all the sweaty, angry, drunk people stuffed into Edinburgh and Glasgow.... Ha ha ha ha ha!

Oh yes, it must be done....

No comments: