Friday, February 15, 2008

V-D Quote



Yeah, we all hate it and think it's a crock of shite cooked up by smug married capitalists but I did come across this quote which I like:

I don’t understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.
- Unknown

And some words of wisdom sent to me by my colleague Ewen:

Open quoteOf all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.Close quote

  • BERTRAND RUSSELL
  • philosopher and writer
I asked Ewen if he thought Bertie just talked that way to get chicks and he replied:

"Reminds me that Clive James, reviewing Ray Monk's biography of Russell, and referring to the tortured prose of Russell's love letters (he and his lady friend used to refer to each other as "thee" and "thou"), described it as "exalted flapdoodle".

Heh heh, he said flap!

Well, that's VD over for another year. Thank flurk!

No comments: