Thursday, May 08, 2008

Iron Man Is A Mortal Man (Hallelujah!)


So I went to see Iron Man last night and I'm happy to report I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has humour, action, a superbly bad baddie and Robert Downey Jr. Rrrrawwrrrr. Admittedly I could have happily sat and looked at a picture of RDJ for two hours and still thought I'd got my money's worth but the film was thoroughly entertaining as well. Thank goodness Gwynnie only mildly annoyed me! Her character is a good one so if you kind of half squint you can forget it's her. Then RDJ appears on the screen again and suddenly everything is right with the world. Sigh.

Anyway, I spent a lot of that film scrutinising the divinely handsome and delicious looking Mr Downy Jr and spotted (ha ha!) something amazing. There are a lot of close-up shots of his face when he's flying about in his Iron Man suit and I noticed that he had a spot erupting on the left hand side of his nose. I tell you, that's the sexiest damn pluke I've ever seen in my life. Believe it or not, it added to his attractiveness for me. I'm also quite amazed it hasn't been CGI'd out or anything. I'm sure if that blemish had been anywhere near Miss Paltrow they would have spent hefty amounts of cash getting it out of the film. That's probably a sad indication of the unfair pressure on women in Hollywood (and life in general) to look immaculate at all times but I'd rather contemplate how dashing and lickable RDJ is than get on my soap box.

I will take a moment to say how impressed I am with Jeff Bridges though. That man is a bloody good actor and it's probably not said enough. It took me a good few moments to realise it was him with the baldy heid and the huge beard.

Ok, back to RDJ now. Yumsle! The film is kind of the RDJ show, in the same way that A Streetcar Named Desire became the Marlon Brando show, but as I said - That's fine by me. Oh! How beautiful was Marlon Brando in Streetcar, while we're on the subject. Wow!

Anyway, I didn't realise that there's a whole extra scene at the end of the credits on Iron Man so I'll just have to go and see it again. That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it!

By the way, how cute is this picture? I found it while looking for images and couldn't resist. I used the one at the top of the post because I wanted one that showed off 'The Guns' and, surprisingly enough, there didn't seem to be that many. I would have thought the Iron Man marketing team would have been bunging loads out. RDJ is looking well buff these days! Oh go on, I'll say it one more time - Phwoooaarrrrrrrrr!

No comments: