Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Prawns and Pink Fizz and Prada, Oh My!


So, it was a bank holiday yesterday for everyone in Scotland, except anyone who works where I work. Waaaaaaaah! I was sat in the office with a great view of all the swines lounging about in George Square. They really didn't look like they were enjoying the sun at all. No, it looked terrible out there.

Sigh.

But fear not gentle reader, I did get invited to my first barbecue of the season yesterday. Huzzah! By the time I got to my friends' house there was a teeny sliver of sunshine left in the corner of their garden but the BBQ had been lit in preparation an hour earlier... and in true BBQ tradition had gone out again. Hey ho, we just lit it again and had some more pink fizzy wine.

Eventually we chucked some prawns on the barbie, and some veggie kebabs. There are few things in life that are as yummy as a barbecued mushroom in my opinion, they are just delishiooose! Then on went the sausages and burgers for a good old grilling and they all got scoffed. That HP BBQ sauce is pretty dang tasty as well. I doused my burger in it to the point of drippiness but it would have been uncouth to have drunk it. Bah. The whole evening was rounded off with absolutely huge strawberries, they may even have been the size of the proverbial hand fruit. Gosh! It was only after I left that I realised I was stuffed to capacity and if anyone had been unwise enough to poke me in the belly it would have been disastrously messy. Now, that's the sign of a good BBQ!

So I'm glad I got to go to at least one barbecue this summer. I wonder if this bodes well for the rest of the season? After the horrible summer we had last year I do hope so. The funny thing was that although it had been an absolutely lovely day and the evening was cool but not cold, we could see our breath. Now that's a Scottish barbecue!

Today The Manolo brought our attention to these sandles from Prada. Again, they're probably a bit ridiculously pricey but they're also ridiculously beautiful. Would these not be the perfect thing for a barbecue? Just right for dropping ketchup on your foot, or even BBQ sauce!

No comments: