Monday, June 05, 2006


Our last, best hope for entertainment.....

Well, not quite. Joss Whedon's still going after all but nevertheless - Yay! Kirsi and I have started watching season 5 of Babylon 5 at last. We gave ourselves a good long break in which we worked our way through, among other things, 4 seasons of Alias, Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, Hex season 1, The 10th Kingdom, Lost season 1 and even.... Resident Evil - the movie (ho ho ho, what utter balderdash!). Why leave it so long? I hear you ask. Simply because, compared to the rest of Babylon 5, the last series is completer and utter kack. How can you go from "GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR GALAXY!" to some wally with Timotei perfect hair who has an annoying habit of looking winsome and quoting Hamlet unmercilessly? I swear if he does it once more I'm putting my foot through the telly! I just hope we're at Kirsi's house that week ;o)

Despite the hirsute ponce it's still most definitely a very fine dose of sci-fi though, and we still have dear old G'kar (pictured above with his hetero-life partner/nemesis Londo). I remember how brilliant the first 4 series were and we're definitely going to have to watch them again now that I know what's going on and Kirsi won't have to suppress herself every time something seemingly insignificant, but with later huuuge consequences, happens. Mmmmm, plot-arclicious baby!

The rest of the weekend just past was fairly quiet. After a traumatic experience with Orange (forkwits! The lot of them!!) on Friday I had a couple of quiet drinks after work and then went home to slump on the couch with Louise and Craig. On Saturday I slept until I woke up and when I woke up there was a girl meets boy/girl hates boy/boy and girl get friendly/girl gets all stroppy and hates boy/girl and boy fall in love type movie on ITV that just sucked me in to a movie bonanza. I followed Cutting Edge (for that was the name of the movie) up with Strictly Ballroom, How to Steal a Million and What's New Pussycat? Nice! It looked sunny outside but I was quite happy where I was. On Sunday I went to see Wah Wah, Richard E. Grant's movie about his childhood in Swaziland. I enjoyed it. I'm never sure what to make of these movies that are about actual people but he had the cream of British acting talent in there and the script made me laugh and cry so it was ok in my book.

And now it's Monday and that totally sucks boaby by the way. Harumph! How long until Friday?

No comments: