Thursday, February 15, 2007

Music and Man in Small Shorts...


I actually went and bought some popular music that wasn't in the bargain section. I'm hip with the kids man! Honest...

This is a new release as well, only came out on Monday. Gosh! Am I becoming a pop picker? Nae chance of that, trust me ;o)

So this album is ace. It's basically what it says on the tin, this guy has got 2 pop tunes and 'mashed' them together. What comes out of this is almost as good as my famous mustard mash with the added bonus of being less calorific. Some of my favourites on this album are:

Horny as a Dandy - Mousse T vs Dandy Warhols
Passenger Fever - Peggy Lee vs Iggy Pop
Can't Get a Blue Monday Out of My Head - Kylie vs New Order

All groovy stuff kids, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it.

I would also like to publicly give my thanks to the wonderful Simon Pegg for releasing Hot Fuzz on that most despicable of capitalist celebrations - Valentines Day. Instead of spending the evening cursing Hallmark and ranting about the meaninglessness of it all I got to go to the cinema with 4 good friends and laugh my ass off solidly for a couple of hours. That's what the film is about too, good friends. It's a homage to the Buddy Cop movie and beats the pants off any of them. *

*I had some stuff in here about friends and how they disappear out your life sometimes but that was all a bit depressing and neither of those barstewards read this thing anyway so there was very little point in it. Back to the pants.

And that brings me to my confession...

There was also a trailer last night for yet another Simon Pegg movie. Oh joy! It's called Run, Fatboy, Run and Lordy knows when it'll be released in the cinemas, I'm hoping it'll be this summer but maybe that's wishful thinking. That's not what I'm confessing about though. I have to confess I'm haunted by the vision of Simon Pegg in the most ridiculously small shorts you've ever seen in your life! It's probably extremely clever marketing because those lycra monstrosities will be lurking in my brain until I see the movie... But they're stragely compelling. I probably need professional help!

No comments: