Friday, May 26, 2006



Ralph Lauren eat your.... dinner!

I'm quite pleased with myself today. I'm wearing a shirt that I adjusted to fit better around the waist area, with my own two hands! Jane showed me how to take in a shirt at dressmaking last night and it was a piece of cake... or it seemed that way anyway. I cocked up the stitching a little but it's because I wanted to finish it in class and was in a hurry... honest! We'll see how Zoe and I get on without Jane's guidance. Zoe still may manage to sew her earlobe to her elbow (sorry darling but I'm sure after 20-odd weeks of classes you're well past that point. Hey, you took in a Ralph Lauren skirt and it looks soopah sweetie.) I'm confident that I should be able to do it again but I'll practice on my old shirts before I wade in and start on new ones. Thank heavens for H&M and their cheapo shirts!

I also had a massive binge of The Maxx (see pic) when I got home last night. Thanks go to Byron for providing me with the DVD, completely unsolicited. Nice one dude! You rool :o)

The Maxx is an animated series about a dude in a purple suit and a mask. In this world he's a hobo who lives in a box and hangs around with Julie, the freelance social worker. He also inhabits the world of Pangaea though, and there he is a mighty hunter with Julie as his leopard queen. Sounds mad I know, and it is - in the best possible ways. I remember it being on MTV circa 1995 and it's great to be able to see it all because back in '95 you'd never know when it was going to be on and it was always a treat when you found it. I've got the last 2 episodes to watch, maybe this evening when I get in from the pub quiz. The whole thing may be explained, but then again maybe it won't. Excellent!

Crime helps you work, rest and play...

Article in the Metro this morning:
Twelve people were arrested in dawn raids yesterday over the theft of £65,000 worth of Mars bars. Detectives swooped on a dozen addresses after receiving information from bosses at the Masterfoods factory in Slough, Berkshire, which makes Mars bars. All 12 suspects were released on bail until July. The chocolate was stolen in two robberies on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The bosses tipped off the cops? I wonder if it was a bunch of disgruntled (and possibly stupid seeing as they got caught so quickly) employees?

Pub conversation taken too far?

Another Metro article today:
The age-old question:What came first, the chicken or the egg? has finally been solved. A geneticist, a philosopher and a chicken farmer claim it was the egg. They said it comes down to the fact that genetic material does not change during an animal's life. Therefore the first bird that evolved into what is now known as a chicken must have first existed as an embryo inside and egg, their report claimed.

Well done lads, more fodder for smartarses the world over. Sigh. What was the sound of one hand clapping again? At least it was Bart Simpson that answered that one...

No comments: